Gold Reef City Theme Park is finally open again after months of being locked down!
If your kids have been begging you to take them, you can now finally let them know the time has come to enjoy their favourite rides again!
8 thrilling rides, 13 dedicated kids rides, Jump City Trampoline Park, the only authentic underground mine tour in Johannesburg, 12 dining options, multiple retail stores, plus 15 other attractions will keep you and the kids pretty busy this weekend!
Important things you need to know before visiting Gold Reef City Theme Park:
- Tickets will only be sold at the Theme Park entrance on the day of your visit on a first come, first-served basis. There are currently NO online bookings available.
- Entry prices start at R125 per person but differ between the various ticket options. From full access tickets to packages and discounts. Click here for the prices.
- They recommend wearing a buff instead of a mask as it is less likely to come off during a ride keeping you safe throughout your visit.
Where to eat
Billy G offers something to suit every palate and exceptional value for money.
They re-opened on Friday, 20 November and once again main course choices range from succulent cuts of meat at the carvery, a variety of freshly prepared casseroles, curries and vegetarian offerings to seafood, pasta dishes, wood-fired pizza and fresh salads. There’s also an assortment of decadent desserts the kids will love.
- Adults pay R185 with one child per one standard buffet adult eating free!
- Additional children between the ages of 2 and 6 pay just R50
- Kids 7 to 12 years and pensioners pay R120.
- Kids under 1 eat for free!
*Rewards Members’ discounts do not apply to this special offer.
Bookings are essential due to COVID-19 seating capacity restrictions.
Please visit the website to check Billy G’s operating days and times.
- Enjoy discounts of up to 60% as a Gold Reef City Rewards Member (sign up is free) at movies@ Gold Reef City which is also now open.
- Shows will be screened from Wednesdays to Sundays. Check out their website for show times.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.