Yes, curried mince and cheese and sweetcorn samoosas have their place, and are very much loved. But, your family will love these delicious white chocolate milk tart samoosas for a sweet treat.
- Samoosa wrappers (about 40)
- 4 cups milk
- 30g butter
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp Staffords Bourbon Vanilla Extract with seeds
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 100g Staffords White Chocolate Disks
- Water to assemble
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Staffords Cinnamon & Sugar Shaker
How to make your samoosas:
- Slowly heat the 4 cups milk, butter and cinnamon sticks until just before boiling point.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, ground cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and pour in the hot milk and whisk continuously until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the pot and put on medium heat.
- Let it cook through for a couple of minutes while stirring continuously.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla extract and add to the mixture. Cook through.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the white chocolate disks until melted and incorporated.
- Cover the chocolate milk tart mixture with clingfilm on the surface and cool completely.
- To help seal the samosas, make a slurry mixture with a little flour and water.
- Spoon or pipe the cooled mixture onto the samoosa wrappers, wash the edges with the water and flour slurry and fold into well sealed
- Deep fry at 200˚C for a couple of seconds until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with Staffords Cinnamon & Sugar and serve immediately.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.