All you need is a couple of plain T-shirts and babygro’s, glue, different materials, different buttons and some lace and you can turn a plain shirt or babygro into a designer item!
The T-shirt tie
- Simply cut the shape of a tie out of some funky fabric and hem the edges. You can stitch it on by hand, use your sewing machine, or simply just glue it on.
Red checkered bow
- Cut out a rectangular shape for the actual bow. Hem the sides, gather in the centre and stitch on.
Crocheted flowers and leaf
- Cut out a leaf shape from green fabric and sew or glue on little flowers (available at fabric shops or local haberdashery stores).
Pimp your babygro
A little lace goes a long way
- Unless you’re able to find stretchy lace, simply stitch a strip of lace to the front of the babygro (leaving the back untouched, so that it’s still comfortable to wear and won’t restrict movement).
- Make a simple flower from fabric and voila.
Black beaded necklace
- This fashion statement will always be in style. These were simply drawn on with a permanent marker (use a small side plate to help trace the U-shape of the necklace). Paint in the beads with fabric paint and sew on your bow.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.