Banana bread seems to be the new favourite baking project. The kids will love this delicious recipe made with oats.
- 250ml Jungle Oats Instant Banana flavour
- 125ml milk
- 250ml ripe banana, mashed
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 125ml oil
- 500ml flour
- 60ml sugar
- 10ml baking powder
- 5ml ground cinnamon
- 5ml baking soda
- 5ml salt
- 5ml ground nutmeg
- 100ml roughly chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and spray and prepare a loaf tin.
- In a bowl combine the Jungle Oats Instant Banana flavour and milk, mix well and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the mashed banana, oil and egg whites.
- In another bowl combine all the dry ingredients then add them to the oats mixture, stir until the dry ingredients are moist, do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 50 – 65 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes then take out and allow cooling completely.
- Store tightly wrapped.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.